Land and Sea Stir Fry
This tasty simple dish is a great satisfying addition to any detoxification protocol. Burdock root has a sweet earthy taste and is a great detoxifier particularly for cleansing the blood and preventing skin eruptions. It is commonly available at any Asian market.
- 8 ounces organic ground turkey
- 5 thin slices ginger
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup peeled, julienned burdock root
- 2 large carrots, peeled, julienned
- 1 small yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried hijiki seaweed, reconstituted and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced bok choy
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot pepper (optional)Tamari to taste (optional)
- Salt to taste
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat the surface of the wok. Add ginger, hot pepper and onions and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add burdock, and carrots stir-fry for 3 minutes. Then add ground turkey meat breaking up with a spoon until cooked about 3 minutes. Add arame and bok choy stir- fry for another 2 minutes. Stir in salt and tamari and cook for 1 minute more, stirring constantly. Taste adding more tamari or salt, if desired. Serve immediately over brown rice.